Moorings at Lewes is the brainchild of President & CEO, Victor D. Amey and the Board of Directors of Cadbury Senior Services, Inc. Planning and building began around 1996. A decade of dedicated work led to the construction of the homes on 35 acres of land adjacent to the historic town of Lewes.
Moorings at Lewes has, for over a decade, provided top notch care for active seniors. There is an all encompassing dedication to wellness and health and the community offers a scenery that is unrivaled.
The environment is deeply satisfying with access to Delaware beaches and the social opportunities that come with it. Moorings at Lewes is a retirement community that prides itself on the fact that it provides ample opportunities for members of the community to simply be themselves.
Amenities and Activities
There are many amenities that contribute to the high quality of life at Moorings at Lewes. The foremost of these amenities is the art studio. Moorings at Lewes is dedicated to letting members of the community find the best way to express themselves and the art studio helps seniors find their creative side. With facilities that assist everything from watercolor painting to quilting sessions, there is no creative outlet that cannot be utilized at the art studio.
Works made in the art studio can be displayed and sold yearly in a “Gallery of art”, an art exhibition featuring creations by residents and staff members. Other interesting amenities are;
- A beautiful butterfly garden. Each year new engraved pavers are installed on a walkway project and hundred of monarchs are released at this beautiful event. It surely is a sight to behold.
- At Moorings at Lewes, residents are encouraged to keep fit and they are assisted by a fully equipped seniors fitness center. There’s a water aerobics class, a circuit training class and even a chair fitness class to keep the body healthy and in perfect working condition. At Moorings at Lewes, members are encouraged to stay active as keeping fit is the key to maintaining optimal health levels.
- The Moorings at Lewes community doesn’t only care for physical health, mental health is also a consideration. That’s why there is a fully stocked library managed by a resident librarian that helps to keep the minds of residents sharp. Residents can sit down in the library and enjoy the peaceful ambience of the facility while enjoying the latest bestseller, or one of the classics.
Type of Community
Designed for adults aged 62 and above
Levels of Care
- Phone: 1-302-727-0037
- Web address: https://mooringsatlewes.org
- Address: 17028 Cadbury Cir, Lewes DE, 19958.
- State/City: Delaware, Lewes.
- Price range: $3,950 upwards per month
- Number of homes: 130.
- Age restriction: ages 62+
- Home types: Independent living apartments and cottages
- Community size: 35 acres.