Southern meadow is a retirement home located in Magnolia. It is just minutes away from the city of Dover and the great Delaware shoreline. The community offers a serene environment with modern facilities at affordable prices. It is a secluded location that helps to creat a close knit family oriented community.
A community that takes great interest in activities, Southern meadow has an on-site activities director whose job it is to keep residents engaged constructively. An active retirement is the watch word and Southern Meadow takes this rather seriously indeed.
The development of the area was started in 2007 by a group of developers called Investors reality Inc and was consequently completed in the year 2015.
Southern meadow operates a land-lease system which means that the home is yours but the land is for the community. Some of the attractions in Dover, the town closest to Southern Meadows, are the Delaware State House, Johnson Victrola Museum, Schwartz Center for the Arts, Kent County Theater Guild, and Rose Valley School Road Greenhouse.
Amenities and Activities
- The Clubhouse at Southern Meadows is the melting pot of all the members of the community. Many opportunities exist, via the clubhouse, for social interaction and mingling.
- Outside the homes, residents can relax in a tastefully furnished outdoor pool and entertain themselves and/or others in the barbeque area.
- Southern Meadow recognizes the need for exercise so residents are encouraged to make judicious use of the walking trails. Of course these walking trails are safe and are merely avenues for residents to get out and enjoy the healthy smell and feel of nature
- A stocked pond is one facility that distinguishes Southern Meadows from other retirement homes. The pond is open for fishing enthusiasts or even amateurs who are willing to learn
- A full time activities director regularly provides the home with fun, engaging and thoughtful activities for seniors to partake in. This of course helps to boost the social life of the home and helps to get people involved in the community.
- Medical facilities are available for residents to use. This makes sure that emergency health services are easily administered to residents in need of such services.
Type of Community
Levels of Care
- Assisted Living.
- Phone: (302)677-080
- Web Address: www.i-realty.com
- Address: 104 Bluebell Dr, Magnolia, DE 19962, USA
- State: Delaware
- City: Magnolia
- Price Range: $199,090- $230,000
- Number of Homes: 120
- Age Restrictions: 55+
- Home Types: Resale homes only