This is an award winning and family owned land development company. It was founded in 1947 by Patriarch, the late Sidney Colen. He loved creativity and home building. This passion led to the purchase of the circle square ranch which was a continually working cattle ranch.
In 1975, there came a vision upon the family to develop a perfect spot as a retirement community and thereby bring more excitement to the lives of retirees in Florida.
Today, the business ranks as one of the Top World retirement communities and also retains the oldest privately owned development tag in the state. It is a leader industry in the recreational activities and amenities world and thus utilizes superior construction methods while building energy efficient homes.
It is believed that the real test for an adult that is active is the evaluation of the quantity and the quality of the activities and programs they perform and fill into daily. This company ensures that the adults are covered with a full time planner dedicated to their recreational tour and activities.
The Following Highlights Show the Various Amenities Incorporated in the on Top of the World Program:
- Booce – This is a sport for friendly rivals and it helps the residents to also make new friends while enjoying the outdoor sport.
- 175+ Resident clubs – the clubs for the residents fall under any of the following categories; arts and crafts, social clubs/org, cards, dance, fitness and wellness programs, music service clubs, sports, games and special interests. Interestingly, one can belong to more than one club.
- Meeting space – this amenity is basically to increase the rate at which people connect. Increasing friendship by proper participation in the effective usage of the amenities.
- Arbor fitness center – this goes a long way in ensuring fitness by proper physical therapies. This areas have coaches so as to guide in the proper usage of the materials and also to ensure safety of the individuals.
- Life-long learning
- The Farmer’s Market
- On Top of the World Golf Club
- Walking and biking trails
Age restricted 55+ community
Physical therapies, Memory aids
Web address: www.ontopoftheworldcommunities.com
Address: 99th street road, 8447, southwest
Age restrictions: 55+ age restrictions
Home types: there are 9 home types which are;
- Stirling Meadow
- Lark hill
- Crescent Ridge III, Indigo East
Community size: 13,000 acres