About the Community
The Villages community started out as some mobile home park called ‘Orange Blossom Gardens’. It had struggled and experienced a really staggering growth in the mid-1980s due to the fast developing social amenities in other parts of Florida.
As time went on and amenities-focused on this part of Florida, it continued to evolve and develop and eventually did transform into ‘The Villages’ which at this time is a premiere model for what an ideal community should be.
As of today, it is still stunning, that The Villages is now known for having the largest and also the most diverse collection of amenities than any community on the planet.
Consistently, The Villages rank as the fastest growing community in the entire country (USA). This indeed is very astounding as about 2,231 new homes sold in The Villages in 2017 alone.
Activities That Take Place in the Villages
The amazing collection of amenities that The Villages amassed over the years is quite impressive as this has gone beyond borders and has really moved from event nothingness to a level of diversity worthy of applause in terms of the offers on ground for people to explore and lot more. Most of the top-notch activities you can engage in there are incorporated in the two bullets below;
The Village Activity Lifestyle
Apart from the golfing and tennis you can do in The Village, there’s surely lot more. In The Village, pickle ball game, softball leagues and Dragon boat which are new are readily present and also getting popular by the day and are fast incorporated into the activity lifestyles of The Village as opposed to some developing retirement communities. Here is this village, there are more than 2,200 different clubs, organizations and sects that cover topics that cut across scrabble, watercolor and political debates. These are engaging activities that one can switch between and remain refreshed throughout the day.
Dinning, Shopping and Entertainment
The activities of The Village is not only limited to sporting activities as it as well goes beyond bound and escalates opportunities to commercial areas for great feasting, dinning and very fantastic shopping activities. This goes with a lot of fun and entertainment as clients of these specific spots have left very great reviews about it.
Some locations at The Villages where these events can take place are:
- Santa Fe plaza feel of Spanish Springs Town Square
- Beautiful lake views at Lake Sumter Landing Market Square
- Brownwood Paddock
It is also noteworthy that each and every one of these town squares contains impressive restaurants and shops to make the adventure very frictionless.
Type of Community
It is one of the largest age-restricted active adult communities in the USA and by extension, the world.
Levels of Care
- Skilled nursing, assisted living, independence and high level of care, rehabilitation, home assessment and fall prevention program.
- Phone: the telephone directories to The Villages are quite numerous but the customer service number is 753-4508
- Web address: www.thevillages.com
- State: USA
- City: Florida
- Price range: the median home value that accrues to The Village is 275,700
- Population: in The Villages, there are about 70,000 people of which about 98.7% of them are citizens.
- Age restrictions: this is very strict as no one under the age of 19 can own permanent residential places in The Villages. No more than 30 visitors can be hosted in a day and by law, 80% of at least a resident must be 55 or older.
- Home types: Patio Villas, Courtyard Villas, Cottage/Ranch homes, Designer homes and Premier homes.
- Community size: 32 square miles